- 1 pint or 570 ml red peas or red kidney beans, soaked
- 1 onion
- 2 scallions
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 bell pepper
- 8 oz. or 225 g sweet potatoes, opt.
- small piece of ginger, grated, opt.
- 1 garlic clove, minced, opt.
- pinch of salt and pepper, opt.
- 2 c. coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp. Asian seasoning
- Bring water and beans to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for about an hour, or until beans are tender. Salt to taste.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer, covered for about another hour, or until vegetables are tender and soup is desired consistency. Remove thyme sprig before serving or storing.