Raw Mexican Rice Pilaf:
- 1 small head (or 1/2 large) cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 c. chopped green onions
- 1/2 large avocado, chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 – 3 tsp. agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 c. cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c. chopped, seeded tomatoes
Spicy Cheese Topping:
- 1/2 c. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 c. cashews
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- Place spicy cheese topping ingredients into food processor and process until particles are fine. Set aside.
- Place cauliflower into food processor and pulse until pieces are about the size of a grain of rice.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add remaining pilaf ingredients, seasonings first. Mix well. Sprinkle spicy cheese topping over the top and mix in lightly.
* Peeled parsnips can be used instead of cauliflower.