- 1 c. sooji (cream of wheat)
- 1+1/4 c. sugar
- 2+1/2 c. water
- 10 – 15 roasted cashews
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1/4 c. shortening, melted
- 3 – 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- Bring water to a boil in large skillet or saucepan.
- Heat oil in a separate skillet and stir in sooji. Toast sooji 2 – 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add sugar to the boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in toasted sooji, stirring carefully to avoid lumps.
- Add cardamom and shortening and cook, stirring, until mixture has thickened and sticks to the spoon.
- Pour into oiled baking sheet and smooth. Allow to cool.
- Cut into desired shapes with an oiled knife and garnish with roasted cashews.