- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 c. cooked brown rice
- 1 medium beet, shredded
- 2 c. quick oats
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, not drained, lightly mashed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 1 tsp. fresh or dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 c. ketchup
- Sauté onion and garlic until tender. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Form into patties and place on oil-sprayed baking sheet. Spray tops of patties too.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Turn and spray again and bake 15 minutes longer, or until done.