- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 c. diced carrots
- 1 c. diced celery
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken-style seasoning
- 15-oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 4 c. vegetable broth
- 1/4 c. lite coconut milk
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat, and sauté the onion until clear. Add the carrots, celery and spices. Lower heat and gently cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often. Add the pumpkin, sweet potato and vegetable broth and stir to mix. Cover and bring to a slow simmer. Continue cooking for about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat, and puree the soup with an immersion hand-blender right in the pot, or puree it in batches in a blender or food processor. When pureed, add the coconut milk and adjust the seasonings to your taste. Serve hot with a dollop of soy sour cream if desired.