- 1 c. unbleached flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1 small can pumpkin puree (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 c. soy milk
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Mix in the remaining ingredients with a wire whisk until smooth.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto a hot griddle that has been sprayed with a non stick cooking oil spray. When bubbles start to form in middle of pancake, flip and continue cooking for 1 – 2 minutes, or until pancake lightly springs back when touched with finger. Remove from griddle and keep on platter in warm oven until ready to serve.
- Top with pure maple syrup or fresh fruit.
Yield: Ten 4-inch pancakes
* Sometimes I add 1/2 c. chopped pecans, 1/4 c. raisins and 1/4 c. drained crushed pineapple. It’s like having cake for breakfast!