- 1½ c. unbleached flour
- ½ Tbsp. baking powder, aluminum free
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. (half of a 15 oz. can) pure pumpkin puree
- ¾ c. soy or almond milk
- 1 c. cane crystals
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ c. Earth Balance margarine, room temperature
- 1 box Soyatoo whipped topping, whipped, or follow Cream Cheese Frosting recipe and add ½ tsp. cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. With spoon or wire whisk mix well.
- In separate mixing bowl combine pumpkin, soy milk or almond milk, cane crystals, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, margarine. Mix well.
- Combine liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until smooth. Spray cupcake liners with non-stick baking spray and fill the liners 2/3 full.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched in the center. Remove from oven and let stand for about five minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and place on wire rack until cool.
- Frost and serve or place in airtight storage container.