- 2 ½ cups whole-wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk – or vegan milk of your choice
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure canned pumpkin
Pumpkin Butter Ingredients:
- 1 – 15oz. can pure pumpkin
- ½ cup apple cider
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 c. Truvia
- 1-½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8-teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8-teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For the Pancake: Mix the 2 teaspoons of lemon juice into the almond milk and set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl stir all of the dry ingredients together. Make a well in the middle and pour all the liquid ingredients and the pumpkin in and stir to mix well.
- Spray a large skillet with a non-stick cooking spray and put ¼ cup of batter in for each pancake. Spread out with back of spoon to form a circle.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown. Serve with pumpkin butter or topping of your choice.
- For the Pumpkin Butter: Put all ingredients into a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and let simmer with lid on for about 20 minutes or until thickened and spreadable. Make sure to stir several times during cooking.
- Remove from heat and let cool before storing in a sealed container in the refrigerator.