- 1/3 c. almond milk, original
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2/3 c. margarine
- 3/4 c. dark brown sugar
- 3 c. all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp. applesauce
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- In a small bowl, mix the almond milk and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, beat together margarine and dark brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Add pumpkin, applesauce, and milk. Blend until combined.
- Add dry ingredients a little a time until blended.
- Spray a muffin tin with a non-stick baking spray or use paper liners. Fill each cup approximately ¾ full.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes.
- For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon. When muffins are cool enough to handle, brush the tops of each muffin with melted margarine, then roll in the cinnamon mixture.