- 6 generous cups whole wheat raisin bread cubes
- 2 c. original Silk creamer
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 generous cups cubed raw pumpkin
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 2/3 c. evaporated cane juice crystals
- 1 c. dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. melted soy margarine
CARAMEL WALNUT SAUCE
- 1/2 c. evaporated cane juice crystals
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. original Silk creamer
- 1/4 c. soy butter
- 1 c. roasted walnuts
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- Place pumpkin chunks on an oil-sprayed baking pan. Spray the pumpkin with non-stick cooking spray. Place in a 400 degree oven until pumpkin is tender, stirring once while roasting.
- While pumpkin is in the oven, place raisin bread chunks into bowl. Add cranberries. In a separate bowl, mix spices, melted butter, sugars and creamer. Add to the bread and mix.
- When pumpkin is done, gently fold into the bread mixture. Empty into a sprayed 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 – 50 minutes, or until set. When done baking, drizzle with Caramel Walnut Sauce.
- To prepare Caramel Walnut Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine the first four ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook only to soft ball stage (between 234 – 240 degrees F) using a candy thermometer for best results. Roast walnuts at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes and add to sauce. Remove from heat and add 1 teaspoon vanilla.