- 6 – 8 Yukon Gold potatoes, cleaned and sliced
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 c. frozen corn
- 1 c. frozen carrots
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 c. Tofutti sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Earth Balance margarine
- 1/2 c. raw cashews
- 3 c. water
- 1/4 c. arrowroot powder
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning, vegan special
- salt to taste
- Place cashews into blender, along with about half of the water and the cornstarch, onion powder, chicken style seasoning and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the sour cream and remaining water.
- Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom of a baking dish. Add a layer of peas, corn, carrots and onions. Pour in a little of the cashew sauce. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for at least 25 – 30 minutes. Remove lid and return to oven to brown on top, if desired.