- 18 cups popped corn
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 1/3 c. water
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- egg shade food coloring, opt.
- In a saucepan, combine water, sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice.
- Cook until mixture reaches 255 degrees on candy thermometer.
- With a whisk, stir in vanilla and salt. Remove from heat and stir in food coloring.
- Place popcorn in a large pan and pour cooked mixture over it, stirring quickly.
- With gloved hands, form into balls while mixture is cooling.