- 4 ripe pears
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 C apple juice
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tub tofu cream cheese
- ½ Tbsp lemon zest
Poached Pear with Maple Syrup and Tofu Ricotta:
- Peel the pears and soak in water with lemon juice. Leave the stem intact. Peel the discolored portion from the pears.
- Place peeled pears into a saucepan with apple juice, add the maple syrup. Bring to a boil.
- Once the juice starts to boil, lay the pears on their sides and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Remove the pears and cut the pear in half from the thicker base to the stem. (not completely through)
- Return the juice and maple syrup mixture to the heat and simmer until reduced to a syrup—stirring frequently.
For the Ricotta:
- Add lemon zest to the cream cheese, add the 2 tablespoons maple syrup and mix well.
- Place the pear on a plate, drizzle with the sweetened juice mixture and add a dollop of the ricotta mixture.