- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, shredded
- dash of cumin
- diced pimentos or red bell pepper
- vegetarian chicken seasoning
- salt to taste
- 2 plantains
- 1 1/2 c. veggie protein of choice
- 12 c. water
- Peel and grate plantain and set aside. In a large saucepan, heat water, onion, garlic and seasonings until boiling.
- Add plantain, stirring so it won’t be lumpy. Add pimentos and simmer over low heat until thickened.
- Sprinkle individually servings with veggie meat and garnish with cilantro, green onions and avocado.