- 1/4 c. cane juice crystals
- 1 tsp. carob powder, opt.
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom, opt.
- 1/4 c. hot water
- 2 tsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/2 c. cane juice crystals
- 1/4 c. non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 Tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 c. toasted pecans
- Combine sugar coating ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, combine and mix dry ingredients.
- In another small bowl, mix flaxseed and hot water and set aside until thickened.
- Mix cane juice crystals, margarine and vanilla and add to dry ingredients along with the flaxseed mixture. Mix well.
- Shape into balls and roll in coating mixture. Place on oil-sprayed baking sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 11 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool.