- 2 c. quick-cooking oats
- 1+1/3 c. whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c. Sucanat or brown sugar
- 1/2 c. natural peanut butter
- 1/2 c. non-dairy milk
- 1/3 c. oil
- 1/4 c. cane juice crystals or sugar
- 4 tsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1+1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. natural peanut butter
- 1 recipe Awesome Fudge (see other recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper. Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Whisk wet ingredients together in a separate medium bowl until smooth, then add to dry mixture and mix until just combined. Stirring by hand as you go, drop teaspoonfuls of the additional peanut butter into dough, mixing very lightly, so that you have swirls of peanut butter throughout the dough.
- Firmly press 1+1/2 cups of prepared cookie dough into the bottom of prepared pan to make a 1/4-inch thick crust. Pour hot Awesome Fudge over crust, spreading evenly.
- Crumble 3/4 cup of prepared cookie dough over top of fudge, pressing down lightly. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan. Cut into small bars.