- 3 lb. peaches, peeled and cut into 1/4-in. slices
- 6 oz. blueberries, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. orange zest
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1 c. organic raw sugar
- 2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. double-acting baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar
- 3/4 c. cup Earth Balance margarine, chilled and diced
- 2 tsp. melted Earth Balance margarine (for brushing)
- 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 2 tsp. turbinado sugar
- Mix orange juice and zest into peaches. Mix raw sugar, tapioca flour and cinnamon together and stir into the peaches along with the blueberries. Pour into 8 x 8 inch baking dish and bake at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- For topping, combine flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar, and mix well. Cut in chilled margarine with a pastry blender or fork. Mix in coconut milk and drop with a scoop onto the prepared fruit. Spread with melted margarine and sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake an addional 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.