- 2 28-oz. cans tomato puree
- 2 onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. basil
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1 cinnamon stick, opt.
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 3 Tbsp. vegan parmesan cheese
- Sauté onion in olive oil until onions are translucent. Add garlic, basil and oregano and sauté.
- Add salt, cinnamon sticks, lemon juice and tomato puree. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and pour sauce into blender. Blend until smooth.
- Return to pan and stir in vegan margarine and parmesan. Stir and cook over medium heat until hot.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti and sprinkle with vegan parmesan. Garnish with fresh basil.