- ¼ pound whole-wheat vermicelli, cooked according to package
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, slivered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, slivered
- 1 pound asparagus, slant-cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 c. broccoli florets
- ½ c. water
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- In a large dry skillet, toast the walnuts until fragrant and golden, 2–3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe out the skillet and heat the sesame oil over high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes and stir-fry until onions are clear.
- Add mushrooms, red sweet peppers, asparagus, water, ginger and soy sauce and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium, add the cooked and drained pasta and stir until heated through, approximately 2 minutes. Top with the walnuts.
Yield: 6 cups