- 2 c. frozen, sliced okra, thawed
- 1/3 c. yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 c. whole white wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. salsa
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c. chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/3 c. diced onion
- 1 medium green tomato, cut into cubes – about 1 cup
- Cook okra in a microwave or on stovetop until tender. In a medium mixing bowl, combine okra, salsa, peppers, onion and tomatoes, and mix.
- Mix dry ingredients, then add to wet ingredients. Mix well. Shape into little patties or fritters and place on oil-sprayed baking sheet.
- Spray tops of fritters with oil spray and bake at 375 degrees for 15 – 20 minutes, or until golden.
* The fritters can also be fried in a little oil.