- 1/2 c. quick oats
- 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 c. pure maple syrup
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. pure almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. In a small bowl mix the flax seed with the water. Stir to combine and then let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk oats, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and brown sugar until well combined.
- Make a well in the center and add the applesauce, maple syrup and flax seed mixture. Stir just until thoroughly combined. Stir in blueberries.
- Put paper liners in muffin tins and fill each to the top with the muffin mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from tins and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Mix all glaze ingredients together and drizzle over each muffin.