- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1/3 c. ground flaxseeds
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 c. walnuts, lightly toasted
- 3 c. quick oats
- 3 Tbsp. beef style seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chicken style seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 8-oz. package baby portobello mushrooms, chopped, optional
- 2 – 4 Tbsp. oil, as needed
- In a small bowl, whisk water and ground flaxseeds together. Set aside.
- Combine onion and toasted walnuts in a food processer and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add oats, seasonings and flaxseed mixture, and pulse until smooth. Stir in mushrooms.
- Using 1/4 cup of batter, shape into patties and fry in a lightly oiled skillet until browned.