- 5 c. water, divided
- 1+1/4 c. Brazil nuts
- 6 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2+1/2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1+1/2 Tbsp. Bragg’s liquid aminos or low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. beef-style seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Place Brazil nuts in blender, add a little of the water and blend until very smooth. Add yeast flakes, beef style, liquid aminos, cornstarch, salt, onion powder and blend, adding more water as necessary.
- Add remaining water and pour into small saucepan. Cook, stirring, until thick.
* You can add vegan sausage crumbles or scrambled tofu if you like. Serve over toast or biscuits, or use with your favorite main dish or potatoes.