- 3 c. water
- 1/2 c. raw cashews or oil
- 2 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 c. unbleached white flour
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 c. nutritional yeast flakes
- 4 Tbsp. canned pimentos
- canned green chilies, opt.
- In a blender, combine the cashews or oil, salt, cornstarch, flour, lemon juice, yeast flakes and pimento.
- Add about half of the water and blend until smooth. Add remaining water and blend again.
- Pour mixture into a saucepan and add green chilies if desired.
- Cook, stirring, until thickened. Serve with tortilla chips.