- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- 1/2 c. ground flaxseed
- 1 medium onion, cut into large pieces
- 1/2 c. walnuts, lightly roasted
- 3 c. quick cooking oats
- 3 Tbsp. beef style seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chicken style seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 package (8 oz.) baby portobello mushrooms, chopped (opt.)
- 2 – 4 Tbsp. oil as needed
Stir flaxseed into warm water and let stand until thickened. In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, onion, walnuts, beef style, chicken style and salt.
Stir in mushrooms.* Stir in flaxseed mixture. Mix well, and let stand 5 – 10 minutes, until mixture holds together.
Shape into patties and fry on both sides until browned. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour to finish cooking the patties in the middle.
* This mixture can be prepared in a food processor on “pulse” to save time.