- 4 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. Better than Bouillon no-chicken base
- 2 c. barley
- 2 medium onions, slivered
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c. celery, diced
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 2 tsp. salt
- To prepare the barley, in a medium size saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the 2 tbsp. Better than Bouillon No-Chicken Base and stir until combined.
- Add barley, cover, then turn down the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes with the cover still on.
- Place the onion, garlic, mushrooms, parsley, McKay’s chicken style, and salt in a pan and sauté over medium high heat until vegetables are tender. Add barley and stir-fry until well combined and hot. Serve.