- 1 c. soaked mung beans soaked 6 – 8 hours
- 1 – 2 tsp. oil
- 1/4 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp. urad dahl
- 2 – 4 green chilies, chopped
- 3 – 4 curry leaves
- 1/4 c. or more chopped tomatoes, opt.
- 1 Tbsp. or more chopped onions, opt.
- 1 – 3 tsp. fresh lime juice, opt.
- Place soaked mung beans into boiling water with a little salt and cooked, covered for 5 – 10 minutes, or until soft. Drain.
- Heat oil in skillet until hot. Add mustard seed, cumin seed and urad dahl. Sauté lightly, then add chilies and curry leaves. Add mung beans and salt and sauté 2 – 3 minutes to combine flavors. Cool.
- Add tomatoes, onions and lime juice if desired. Salt to taste.
* Keeps in refrigerator for up to a week.