- 1/2 lb. red potato, cooked and cooled
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 1 – 15 oz. can garbanzos, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. egg replacer (ground flaxseed mixed with water)
- In a food processor, combine potatoes, most of the olive oil, garlic, garbanzos, parsley, salt, lemon zest, smoked paprika and red pepper.
- Process until smooth. Add egg replacer and mix well. Form into patties* and fry in remaining olive oil over medium heat until browned.
* If mixture is too moist, you can adjust the texture by adding bread crumbs.