- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 c. mushrooms, diced
- 2 Tbsp. baco bits
- 1/2 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp. diced jalapeño peppers
- 1 14oz. pack firm water-packed tofu, drained
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 1/2 c. red sweet pepper, diced
- 3 c. cooked diced potatoes
- 6 c. fresh baby spinach
Flaky Pie Crust:
- 1 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 c. canola oil
- 3 Tbsp. almond or soy milk
- In an oil-sprayed saucepan over high heat, sauté onions, mushrooms, baco bits and red pepper flakes until onions are clear.
- Mash tofu with turmeric and add. Add red sweet pepper, salt, onion powder, chicken style and potatoes. Stir in spinach a little at a time until wilted.
- To make crust, mix flour and salt. Whisk together oil and soy milk and mix into the flour. Stir and form into a ball.
- Roll out pie crust and set aside. Pour tofu mixture into a 9 inch glass pie plate or casserole and top with crust. Cut vents in top. Bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden.