- 3 c. water, divided
- 1/2 c. roasted red pepper or pimento
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 c. raw cashews
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- 1/4 c. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 c. quick-cooking oats
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1+1/2 tsp. onion powder
- Place 2 cups of water and remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until very smooth. Pour into a medium saucepan. Add remaining 1 cup water to blender; blend briefly to rinse blender, then add to saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, stirring constantly.