- 1 package Morningstar Farms Grillers Chik’n Patties
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 tsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 2 15-oz. cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 c. diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 c. chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 c. chopped fresh spinach
- 1 c. quick oats
- 1 tsp. dried or fresh oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. diced pepperoncini peppers
- 1/2 c. breadcrumbs
- 24 mini pita pockets, halved
- 1 1/2 c. Tofutti better than sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Vegesal or seasoned salt
- 2 c. diced cucumbers
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and diced
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp. soy or almond milk
- Cook onions in the water with the chicken style seasoning. Place into food processor.
- Add garbanzos, red peppers, olives, spinach, oats, oregano, salt, pepperoncini, breadcrumbs and crumbled burgers. Process until smooth.
- Form into patties and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Turn patties and bake 10 minutes longer.
- For cucumber sauce: combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Spoon some of the cucumber sauce into each pita pocket half. Add a patty and some chopped lettuce and tomato. Serve.