- 1 medium eggplant, coarsely diced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 c. unsweetened original almond milk
- 2 c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 16 oz. can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 c. sweet red and yellow peppers, coarsely diced
- 1 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Better than Bouillon no-chicken base
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 c. cooked brown rice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Place diced eggplant on a non-stick baking sheet that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. Spray eggplant with oil spray. Sprinkle with salt. Roast in oven at 400 for 20-25 minutes or until eggplant is soft and edges are golden. Set aside.
- Wash the second eggplant and cut off the ends. Cut into ¼-inch slices. Dip each slice in the almond milk, then coat in breadcrumbs.
- Place on a non-stick baking pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray or use a silicon baking mat. Spray the tops with oil spray.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. Turn, spray with non-stick cooking spray, then bake for an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a medium size skillet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, sauté onion and garlic until onion is clear.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including the roasted eggplant. Mix well and place in an oval baking dish. Line the edges with baked eggplant rounds. Place in a 375 oven for 10 minutes. Serve hot.