- 2 c. gluten-free oats
- 2 c. walnuts
- 12 – 14 slices of whole wheat bread or 1 c. cooked short-grain brown rice
- 2 onions
- 16-oz. package firm water-packed tofu
- 1 c. water
- 1 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken-style seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. vege-sal
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1/8 c. Bragg’s liquid aminos or unfermented soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Blend each of the first four ingredients, one at a time, in food processor. Pour into a large bowl.
- Place the tofu, water, and remaining ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth. Add to ingredients in bowl and mix together.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, form into 1-inch balls and place on an oil-sprayed cookie sheet and bake for 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and place over pasta or cover with your favorite sauce and serve.