- 2 c. almond milk, original flavor
- 1/4 c. melted margarine
- 2 c. fresh or frozen corn
- 1 – 2 fresh jalapeños, finely diced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 c. masa harina corn flour
- 2 c. fresh or frozen corn, pan fried until golden brown
- 1/2 fresh jalapeños, finely chopped
- 3/4 c. red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 c. fresh tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 c. + 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Blend 1 cup of the corn in a blender until creamy. Pour into a bowl and add the almond milk, melted margarine, 1 cup of whole corn and diced jalapenos. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix the masa harina corn flour with the salt and sugar. Pour the liquid over and quickly mix until the dry ingredients are all absorbed.
- Make into ¼ cup round patties. Spray a baking sheet with a non-stick cooking spray and place the corn cakes on it. Spray the tops with the non-stick cooking spray and bake in a 375 – 400 degree oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Turn corn cakes over and bake another 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and serve with the Avocado Salsa.
- For The Topping: Mix the fresh vegetables together and set aside. Mix the dressing ingredients together and shake or whisk until creamy. Pour over the vegetables and stir gently to mix. Serve over the corn cakes.