- one 10-oz. package fresh asparagus
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1/3 c. lemon juice
- 1 package Italian dressing mix
- 3 Tbsp. green pepper, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp. radishes, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 4 tomatoes, thickly sliced
- 4 red pepper strips
- Break off ends of asparagus, place in a microwave-safe dish, add a little water, cover, and heat for about 5 minutes, or boil briefly and plunge into ice water.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, Italian dressing mix, green pepper, parsley, and chives.
- Pour over asparagus and allow to marinate.
- Serve over lettuce leaves with sliced tomatoes and pepper strips.