- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 c. water
- 1/3 c. Bragg’s liquid aminos or Tamari soy sauce
- 1 c. red bell pepper, cut in slivers
- 2 c. soy curls, hydrated (or gluten of your choice)
- 3 c. baby portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 c. snow peas, cut in half diagonally
- 1 c. water chestnuts
- 1 c. cashews, whole
- 3 Tbsp. apricot nectar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 2 T. cold water
- In medium bowl, place soy curls and pour in just enough boiling water to cover. Add 2 teaspoons McKay’s beefstyle seasoning. Let stand for 15 minutes, then drain. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, sauté onion in oil until clear, then add garlic. Add remaining ingredients including soy curls. Bring to a boil then turn down on low to maintain a slow simmer. Cook for approximately 1 hour.
- Combine cornstarch and water and mix together until smooth. Add to stew. Continue cooking another 5 minutes, until slightly thickened. Serve hot over brown rice or rice noodles.