- 16-oz. package lentils, rinsed and drained
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2–3 large stalks of celery, diced
- 28-oz. can tomatoes
- 7 c. water
- 2 packages G Washington golden broth or other all-purpose seasoning
- salt to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add onions, celery, carrots, lentils and seasonings.
- Crush the tomatoes with hands and set aside. When onions and celery are tender, add tomatoes and potatoes and cook until potatoes are tender.