- 3 c. cooked brown rice
- 1 ½ c. cooked lentils
- 2 ¾ c. whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ c. onions
- 2 Tbsp. Braggs liquid aminos
- 2 Tbsp. cold water
- 2 tsp. McKay’s beef seasoning
- ½ c. pecan meal
- Place the breadcrumbs into a large bowl. In a food processer, process the onion, Braggs liquid aminos and cold water until smooth.
- Pour the onion mixture with the remaining ingredients into the bowl and mix together.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick vegetable spray. Press the patty mixture into a ¼ inch scoop or measuring cup and put on the cookie stray.
- Only press it down slightly as these are fairly thick patties. They do not hold together if they are pressed down flat.
- Spray the top of the patties with vegetable spray and put in the oven at 350 degrees. Bake for approximately 20 – 30 minutes, turning once during baking.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or gravy. Makes about 17 patties.