- 7 – 8 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced, parboiled
- 2 c. red lentils
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, grated, or powdered ginger
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1 medium fresh tomato, or 1 c. canned tomato
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala or curry powder, opt.
- 2 – 4 oz. coconut milk, or creamed coconut
- spray oil
- Sauté onion in oil until softened. Add garlic, ginger, lentils, coconut milk, tomato, paprika, cumin and garam masala.
- Cook until tender, stirring frequently. Spray a loaf pan with oil and spread some of the lentil mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with a layer of potatoes, then repeat layers until done. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.