- 1/2 c. organic brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Earth Balance soy margarine
- 1 tsp. ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 c. gluten free all-purpose flour or white wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 c. organic powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Tofutti cream cheese, softened
- In a medium bowl, cream margarine and brown sugar together using a hand mixer.
- Mix flaxseed with hot water and add. Add lemon peel and poppy seeds.
- Mix flour and salt together and add to mixture in bowl a little at a time.
- Shape into balls, place on parchment-lined baking sheet, flatten and bake at 350 degrees F for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Stir glaze ingredients together until smooth and spread over cooled cookies.