- 1 c. margarine, softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar, divided
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. almond milk or soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. lemon extract or lemon zest
- Whip margarine with an electric mixer until creamy. Add ½ c powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until light and fluffy.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and then gradually add to the margarine mixture beating at low speed just until blended.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Drop by tablespoon sized balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes, or until lightly browned around edges.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- For lemon glaze, mix all ingredients and drizzle over cooled cookies.