Graham Cracker Crust:
1 ¾ c. graham cracker crumbs
3 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. almond or soymilk
2 Tbsp. melted soy margarine
8 oz. carton of Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
8 oz. carton non-dairy whipped topping
2-3 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 ¼ c. sugar
½ c. cornstarch
¼ tsp. salt
1 ¼ c. almond or soymilk
1 c. water
¾ c. fresh lemon juice
2 heaping Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- For graham cracker crust, mix ingredients together and pour into a 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- Gently press with a spoon or your fingers to cover the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- For crème filling, gently fold ingredients together and spread over the cooled graham cracker crust. Put in the refrigerator to cool.
- For lemon filling, place all ingredients into a medium saucepan. Stir continuously over medium heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cover. Let cool. When cool, pour over the crème layer.
- Garnish top with Cool Whip and grated lemon rind. Put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to set. Serve cold.