- 3 c. chicken style vegan gluten, diced or shredded
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 3 c. cooked brown rice
- 2 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. milk or medium salsa
- 3 cans green enchilada sauce
- 30 corn tortillas
- In a large skillet sauté the onion in the 2 tablespoons oil until clear. Add the chicken style gluten pieces and McKay’s Chicken style seasoning. Sauté until the gluten is lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the rice, black beans and salsa. Gently stir to combine and then set aside.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish with a non-stick cooking spray and spread ½ of a can of the green enchilada sauce evenly over the bottom.
- In a large bowl, place 1 can of the green enchilada sauce and dip the corn tortillas in it to thoroughly coat each tortilla. Put a layer of the dipped corn tortillas in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Put ½ of the rice and beans mixture over the top and then put ½ of the veggie chicken over that. Add another layer of the dipped corn tortillas over the veggie chicken.
- Then repeat the layers. Pour the rest of the green enchilada sauce evenly over the top.
- Place in a 375 degree oven for 30-45 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Serve garnished with fresh chopped tomatoes, avocados and sliced black olives.