- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 16-oz. cans white kidney beans, drained (cannellini)
- 1 16-oz. can great northern beans, drained
- 3 1/2 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. McKay’s chicken style seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 4 c. fresh spinach, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. VegeSal
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion and celery in olive oil until onion is clear. Add water, chicken style seasoning, Vegesal, thyme, garlic, and 2 can cannellini beans.
- When soup is hot, add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove about 2 cups of the soup and blend until smooth. Return mixture to the soup. Stir in remaining beans. Cook just until heated and serve hot.