- 4 c. whole-wheat mini rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ c. soy sausage crumbles
- 2 c. marinara sauce
- 3 c. vegan mozzarella cheese, or cheese of your choice
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, put into a large bowl, and set aside. In a large skillet, sauté the onion in the extra virgin olive oil until clear.
- Add the soy sausage crumbles and minced garlic and sauté approximately 5 minutes until the soy crumbles are slightly browned.
- Remove from heat and add the cooked pasta, vegan mozzarella cheese, and the marinara sauce. Stir well.
- Spray the cups of a regular-sized muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Place ½ cup of mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake at 400 degrees approximately 25–30 minutes until hot and tops are slightly brown and crispy. Remove from oven and let cool in cups for 5 min. Gently remove each pasta cup and serve.