- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. diced carrots
- 1 c. diced zucchini
- 1 c. diced yellow summer squash
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 2 medium eggplants, cubed
- 1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
- 1 c. fresh diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 c. spaghetti sauce
- salt to taste
- polenta or pasta
- In a medium skillet combine the carrots, zucchini, summer squash, onion and garlic with the 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and sauté over medium heat until onion is clear and vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and add the fresh oregano, basil, diced tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce.
- Serve over bowls of hot polenta or your favorite pasta, along with a thick, hot slice of Italian bread.