- 2 cloves garlic, coarsley chopped
- 3 cans chick peas
- 1/2 c. tahini
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- 1/2 c. water, more if needed
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- Place chickpeas, garlic and tahini into food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add lemon juice, water and salt and process until smooth.
- While processing, add olive oil slowly, stopping processor occasionally to stir and make sure all is well blended. Add toppings.
* For toppings, try these! Greek style: chopped green olives and red onions with a drizzle of olive oil. Red pepper: chopped roasted red peppers. Roasted garlic: wrap several cloves of garlic in foil and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Chop and mix in a little olive oil. Tapenade: chopped black olives, capers and a little olive oil.