- 3/4 c. Wondra flour
- 3 c. soy milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. VegeSal
- 2 Tbsp. Smart Balance Light margarine – or any soy margarine
- 1 c. chopped fresh mushrooms
- 6 c. cut green beans
- 2 c. oven baked onion rings – or canned French-fried onion rings
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, soy milk, salt and VegeSal. Stir until well blended, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over moderate heat, melt the margarine and add the chopped mushrooms. Saute for about 3 min., or until mushrooms are tender. Add the soy milk mixture and continue stirring until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add the cut green beans. Mix well and pour into a small baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 – 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cover with prepared onions. Return to oven for 3 – 5 minutes, to heat up the onions. Serve hot.
Yield: 14 half-cup servings
* This is a Thanksgiving meal tradition for many families. If you are making this the day before, just remember not to add the onion rings until the last 3 – 5 minutes of baking.