- 2 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 c. raw sunflower seeds
- 1 c. sliced almonds
- 1/2 c. wheat germ
- 1/2 c. honey
- 1/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 c. chopped dried fruit, berries, craisins or apricots
- Heat honey, brown sugar, margarine, vanilla and salt in a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile, combine oats, sunflower seeds, almonds and wheat germ and toast in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Pour into a mixing bowl and add hot syrup and mix well.
- Press firmly into oil-sprayed baking sheet or 8-inch pan, and bake at 300 for 30 minutes or longer, depending on how firm you want the end product to be.