- 2 – 3 c. whole white wheat flour, plus more for kneading
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 packages instant dry yeast
- 1 1/2 c. warm water
- garlic salt or garlic powder as needed
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour, salt and yeast and mix.
- Make a well in the center and add the warm water. Mix until it forms into a ball.
- Knead in bowl, adding flour as necessary, until dough is elastic and not sticky, about 5 minutes.
- Spray with oil, cover with towel and set aside to rise until double in size.
- Knead risen dough lightly and roll out into a large rectangle. Cut into 16 strips. Twist each strip and place on baking sheet.
- Spray with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt or garlic powder. Bake at 400 to 425 degrees for about 10 minutes.
* Sesame seeds can be used instead of garlic.